The base and the two heat pipes are made out of copper while the cooling fins are made out of aluminium. I built a new mini-pc this weekend using AsRock's DeskMini 310W using an i5-9400 6-Core processor. Open up the box and you will find a back plate, two replacement feet, and a small bag filled with four screws. Press J to jump to the feed. You would think a company would skimp, or forgo packaging entirely on a free kit but Noctua is no ordinary company. The Wraith Spire (bundled with the Ryzen 5 3600X) and Wraith Prism (bundled with the Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 3900X CPUs) are pretty good coolers. I'm wondering which cooler in the title would provide better cooling when combined with a slim 120mm fan. Welcome to /r/AMD — the subreddit for all things AMD; come talk about Ryzen, Threadripper, EPYC, Navi, the next-gen consoles, news, rumours, show-off your build and more. Then with the Ryzen 3 1200, every cooler would work. If you were to take a quick glance, you may not notice the differences between the L9a and L9i. X. i bought a cryorig r1 universal and decided to sell it and stick to the stock cooler. Looking to overclock a 2200g in a Chopin or similarly sized case. Category. The L9i and L9a are rated for 65W TDP, yes, but the TDP of Ryzen CPUs varies. The NH-L9i is a premium quality quiet CPU cooler for Intel LGA115x based HTPCs and Small Form Factor systems. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Select hardware category. Upon closer inspection you will see that the L9a is wider on both sides. A czech website tested the Wraith Stealth, Wraith Spire, Wraith Max, Noctua L9x65, Noctua U12S and Noctua D15 on a Ryzen 3 1400, a Ryzen 5 1600 and a Ryzen 7 1800X.. TL;DR: The L9x65 performs worse with more power to dissipate, it seems, but with a surprise at the very end. Show info. Temperature results from Noctua Nh-d14 vs Stock Ryzen cooler ... Wraith Spire, approx the same as CM T4. That said, the stock cooler that comes with the 3600X is the Wraith Spire. Noctua NH-D9L vs Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - CPU Heatsinks Comparison. vs. Category. Supporters only /10 Score Supporters only. Show info. Since those tests are very short I also rendered the classroom scene in Blender on all cores, which takes abut 16 minutes. #5. Not worth the price, use the stock cooler: https://lanoc.org/review/cooling/7630-ryzen-itx-cooler-roundup, https://tekeverything.com/noctua-nh-l9i-vs-nh-l9a/, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. 2500 rpm; Airflow. 33 cfm; Acoustic noise. Motherboard. Speed. Advertiser Disclosure. Wraith Stealth vs Noctua NH-l9a-AM4. The funny thing is i have the Wraith Spire my 1700 runs 3.8 at 1.375 volts, using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut my temps never go above 71c under Aida64 and Cinebench. 2750 rpm; Airflow. The 2200g and 2400g are both 65W. The NH-L9x65 is a taller, performance-enhanced version of Noctua's award-winning NH-L9 low-profile coolers. Category. HTPC: Intel i5-4590 | Noctua NH-L9i | ASUS H97-I Plus | Sapphire R9 290x 4GB | 8GB Hyper-X Fury DDR3 1600MHz | Seasonic M12II Evo 520W | … Supporters only /10 Score Supporters only. Speed. With the Wraith Spire the system would go for a hard reboot after a few minutes and showing 90°C+, while the Noctua kept the CPU at a maximum of 70°C and rock stable. Supporters only /10 Score Supporters only. Motherboard. These include 100% RAM and ITX compatibility and 3U clearance, among other things. At this point the Noctua gets audible, but way more quiet the the AMD cooler. 3.7ghz seems to be sitting amazingly with the stock cooler. 2750 rpm; Airflow. Show info. Speed. The simplicity and foresight of the coolers design allows for these simple changes to allow fitment on completely diff… Processor. Both CPU coolers feature the same 23mm height. The test was conducted in a small form factor case at both stock speeds of 3.5GHz, and at 3.95GHz @1.3875v, a pretty hefty overclock for this chip. I ran some thermal tests compared to AMD's reference cooler for the Ryzen 5 3400G, the Wraith Spire. Supporters only /10 Score Supporters only. This site is a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. L9i but since it is a low profile cooler, I'd only be using it over the stock cooler if I wasn't planning on building in a sff case where clearance is an issue. With the Wraith Spire the system would go for a hard reboot after a few minutes and showing 90°C+, while the Noctua kept the CPU at a maximum of 70°C and rock stable. The NF-A12x15 PWM is one of Noctua’s newer slim fans where the original NH-L12 design used a thicker fan on the bottom, not to mention it was a smaller size (92mm vs 120mm).