Le couteau Mora a été adopté par les professionnels de différents milieux pour sa grande qualité et robustesse qui font de ce couteau un des meilleurs couteaux professionnels. The blade is extra thick (3.2 mm) to be able to withstand all kinds of pressure and it’s made of stainless steel, which keeps an edge longer and doesn’t need as much knife care. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty is a more robust version of the popular Mora Companion knife. You can get a Mora Companion with either a stainless steel blade, or one made of carbon steel. Blade: 4.1 in. While both knives are exception purchases for their price, they offer slightly different feels and nuances from one another. After my food prep experiment, I took a close look at the blade. But check out Mora’s press photos. The edge is scandi-ground in a fairly large angle, making it more durable. I didn't find the bushcraft handle comfortable at all, maybe I'm the odd one out. While the blade on the standard Stainless Companion spans 2.5-millimeters (and the standard Carbon model showing just 2 mm), the Heavy Duty widens things out to 3.2-millimeters. Combi deal. Frequent regrinding and high durability are two essential components that this knife provides within its functional premise. 0. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Sharpening is something of an experience in and of itself. Reply. Other than that, I will stick to the regular companion – Mora’s scandis keeps their width (3.2 mm in this case) from the spine down to the sharpened cutting edge, which makes it a terrible slicing tool, at least from my experience. For batoning the knife needs great strength requirements. While its beefier edge is perfect for hammering through logs, it makes it far less effective as a delicate slicer. Regular cleanups and the application of a little mineral oil will wear the blade in nicely, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind. Mora Bushcraft comes with a longer and thicker blade. The Mora Heavy Duty Knives are a fantastic addition to the Mora range and are a great valued piece of kit that are razor sharp and wonderfully versatile. Load more. The handle features a a soft high … That being said, the tiny gaps where the blade meets the handle are concerning. I've also started thinking about buying one of each, but for now the total cost for that (~$100CAD) would be a bit too much for the job I need the knife to do. For batoning the knife needs great strength requirements: This Morakniv Heavy Duty MG features a thicker 3.2 mm carbon steel clip point blade with a 27° edge angle and scandi grind. The HD’s added blade thickness does hurt it in a few areas, however. Buy Companion Series, The all-in-one knife for outdoor buffs, the patterned high-friction grip makes the knife pleasant to hold and easy to handle. On paper, the biggest difference is cost. The companion HD is lighter, bushcraft is tank. I rounded dimensions to the nearest 1/32″ in deference to manufacturing tolerances with the exception of the blades’ thicknesses, where I rounded the thickness of the Heavy Duty down .0003″. … Then there’s the HD’s signature trick – its blade width. ブレード素材: ステンレススチール 刃長:約103mm 全長:約218mm 刃厚: 約2.5mm 重量:約84g(ナイフのみの重量) 注目してほしいのは ブレードの素材 と 刃厚 です。 モーラ・ナイフ Mora knife Companion Heavy Duty MGは工作用! 4 3/4 oz. Buy both. W komplecie praktyczna polimerowa kabura. The Companion HD is everything the regular Companion is, only a little more so. Whatever it lacks in finesse it more than makes up for with its can-do attitude. This green model is discrete and blends in with surroundings. Cumpara Cutit Mora Companion verde, Heavy Duty MG cu lama groasa din otel carbon, DIY/Hobby/camping de la eMAG! MOR12210 - MoraKniv Companion Mg Heavy Duty, MOR11746 - Mora Of Sweden Companion Mg Heavy DutyCouteau à lame fixe de longueur totale 22 cm.Lame de 10,4 cm en acier carboneEpaisseur de 3,2 mm.Manche en grip.Livré avec un étui en polymère avec clip.Made In SWEDEN The back of the knife has not been rounded, which is to ease use of a firesteel with this knife. The heavy duty companion is ideal for all round use whether crafting greenwood or splitting billets for feathersticks or firewood. Companion Heavy Duty is the optimal compan­ion for rigorous adventures and challenges. Модель Companion Heavy Duty. Hello everyone!Decided to finally make an account because I have a burning conundrum I am faced with: I am looking for an affordable, lightweight, and capable fixed blade to serve primarily as a general utility/emergency tool for hiking/backpacking (e.g. Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Answers on Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty from CampSaver. The shipping costs make buying two Companion HDs a value-driven choice. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. CampSaver. It comes with approximately a 3/4 tang and the knife is bigger in diameter and length than the regular Mora bushcraft knife. The robust handle and the 27 degree edge angle give it maximum edge resiliency. The Mora Bushcraft Black has a "street price" of around $40, while the Mora Companion Heavy Duty can be found just about anywhere for "$20". Morakniv are world renowned for their excellent knives, and we'd choose no other when recommending a knife for use in the backwoods. Ostrze Ostrze Mory Companion HD o grubości ~3mm (zwykła Mora Companion … The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife comes with a 1/8-inch thick carbon steel blade and 4.1 inches long. It comes with a plastic friction fit sheath. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife with Fire Starter and Sheath. The overall length has been stretched from 8.6-inches to 8.8, with a weight gain of 0.7-ounces swinging the scale up to a total of 4.8-ounces. 2/0 Carbon Steel 3.0 Inch Knife Blade Blank. The blunter edge angle gives for a maximum sharpness resistance. The classic … Teraz w wariancie Heavy Duty - głownia wykonana z mocniejszej stali węglowej i pogrubiona do 3,2 mm. ... Byrd Cara Cara 2 but on more remote or risky trips I would prefer a fixed blade, so I have narrowed it down to the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (HD) and the Mora Bushcraft (stainless options for both because I live in the ever wet Pacific Northwest). If you are looking for a lightweight knife for light-duty tasks, Mora Companion is a great choice. 2900 Views. The high quality of the material makes it a breeze to sharpen for a better performance. For batoning the knife needs great strength requirements: This Morakniv Heavy Duty MG features a thicker 3.2 mm carbon steel clip point blade with a 27° edge angle and scandi grind. Opinions wanted: Mora Companion HD vs. Mora Bushcraft. Оригинал. Morakniv is known for offering quality knives at laughably low prices. ( Log Out /  The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife … Handles are very much a preference thing but for me the handle on the Companion is pretty darn close to perfect. Mora Bushcraft Black vs Mora Companion Heavy Duty • Bushcraft Knives The Companion has a 4” blade, a 4.5” handle, and an overall length of about 8.5”. Price differences are such that I can get 2x Mora Companion HDs or 1x Mora Bushcraft, and neither are significantly more expensive than the other. 1-16 of 71 results for "mora heavy duty companion" Price and other details may vary based on size and color Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife with Sandvik Carbon Steel Blade, 0.125/4.1-Inch The edge is scandi-ground in a fairly large angle, making it more durable. The Scandi grind is just a joy to use, with an intuitive angle and durable edge. Mar 2, 2014. Ideal for when the going gets tough, it’s a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts, thanks to its extra-thick and durable 0.125-inch hardened Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade, which resists rust and corrosion when exposed to dirt and moisture. Price: $19.98. But after a few practice strokes, I was able to angle the Companion HD in such a way that the ceramic rods conformed to the iconic grind. by Survival Knife Mary. The Mora Companion HD (Heavy Duty) is a very adaptable knife with a patterned high-friction grip handle - great for general outdoors/bushcraft use, and now features a thicker blade and beefier handle than the original Companion knife - great for all your demanding bushcraft and outdoor needs. Cold Steel Finn Hawk vs. Mora Companion. On both their official website and Amazon store, there’s not a single photo of the HD in the kitchen. Es gibt noch die Mora Companion MG und die Mora Companion Heavy Duty Variante. In stock. There’s a new, muscular feel to the handle, with an added curve filling out its already excellent grip. Ciao ragazzi, eccomi con la mia prima recensione: il Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG. Premetto che sono abbastanza un novizio quindi deve essere presa con le pinze ma spero di non essere andato troppo fuori strada. The blunter edge angle gives for a maximum sharpness resistance. The Mora Companion HD (Heavy Duty) is a very adaptable knife with a patterned high-friction grip handle - great for general outdoors/bushcraft use, and now features a thicker blade and beefier handle than the original Companion knife - great for all your demanding bushcraft and outdoor needs. ... so I have narrowed it down to the Mora Companion Heavy Duty (HD) and the Mora Bushcraft (stainless options for both because I live in the ever wet Pacific Northwest). The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife with Stainless Steel Blade is a 4.1-inch fixed-blade outdoor knife. But like a twin who’s decided to hit the gym, here’s where the stats start to swell. Ai libertatea sa platesti in rate, beneficiezi de promotiile zilei, deschiderea coletului la livrare, easybox, retur gratuit in 30 de zile si Instant Money Back. so steve says: November 4, 2019 at 10:13 pm ... along with the short scandi bevel,makes the knife a bad slicer.Even if you convex and raise the bevel still a simple Mora … ... That was 3 years ago, and I now own 12 Moras. Ai libertatea sa platesti in rate, beneficiezi de promotiile zilei, deschiderea coletului la livrare, easybox, retur gratuit in 30 de zile si Instant Money Back. But good to know that the handle absorbs the shock better. I thought they were both around 4.2oz/120g or so. Combideals & accessories. The HD and the Bushcraft actually have the same thickness (3.2mm). 5 Views Share Embed Download In General. I was dressing a particularly hard piece of wood, and the blade may have struck a rock. The companion HD is phenomenal. The Mora Heavy Duty MG Companion knife has an extra-large ergonomic handle with a texturized, high-friction rubber grip, meaning it's usable even in wet conditions. I was shocked to discover that, with just a few quick strikes, I was able to neatly split pieces of timber. Mora Companion MG Stainless $15.98. Mora Companion Heavy Duty combines reliability (unless it corrodes), utility and a great price to quality ratio. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Our Rating: (5/5) Steel: 12C27. I primarily use a Spyderco Sharpmaker, which poses a bit of a problem with its fixed-angle design. Műszaki adatok: Penge hossza / Blade length: 104 mm Penge vastagsága / Blade thickness: 3,2 mm Penge anyaga / Blade material: C100 Markolat hossza / Handle length: 120 mm Markolat anyaga / Handle material: Műanyag Teljes hossza / Total length: 224 mm Tartozék / Extra: Műanya g tok klipsszel / P lastic sheath with a clip Overall: 8.6 … Rather, almost every picture shows the knife tearing through a piece of timber. When it comes to a heavy duty bushcraft knife, I’ll always go with a high quality PKS, but for all of my lighter tasks, I reach for the Mora. Companion HeavyDuty™ is the optimal companion for rigorous adventures and challenges. How great is that? Companion Heavy Duty is a powerful tool for bushcrafters, hunters and outdoor people. Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Mora Companion Heavy Duty vs. Kellam Puukko Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by ljcsov, Mar 26, 2013. The Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG carbon is one of the heavier fixed blades in the famous Companion-series by Mora. That’s worthy of two things – Your money and, just as importantly, your respect. Krik of Black Owl Outdoors compares and contrasts the Mora Bushcraft Black with the Mora Companion Heavy Duty. What we have here are two stainless steel, budget-friendly bushcraft blades. While both knives are exception purchases for their price, they offer slightly different feels and nuances from one another. But on this particular knife, I’ve noticed small gaps between the handle and the blade. That was 3 years ago, and I now own 12 Moras. While I still feel that Mora’s standard Companion will be the best choice for most users, I can’t argue with the effectiveness of the Companion HD. Mora Companion Heavy Duty MG Carbon jest grubszą wersją popularnej Mory Companion produkowanej przez firmę Morakniv. Then there’s the H… Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Fortunately, the Companion HD made things easy. Made from carbon steel, this improvement brings the knife in line with more expensive models on the market, and results in a more robust knife that will withstand harder use. One thing that is hard to notice in ph… Nóż typu skandynawskiego, wykonany z nowoczesnych materiałów i dostępny w sensownej cenie – nic dziwnego, że „Mora” zdobyła sobie sporą popularność i grono zwolenników. You simply can’t beat the quality to price ratio. I think a comparison against a Mora Companion Heavy Duty would be more fitting. If you folks have any opinions, personal experience, or other things to consider, that'll be greatly appreciated!Thanks! Constructie clasica Mora, lama mai groasa din otel carbon, unghi scandi, maner ergonomic supradimensionat (la seria HD - Heavy Duty - manerele sunt mai mari decat cele standard), cauciucat, negru cu verde. But the knife they sent was no joke. I'm fairly certain it comes with a 90° spine already however if it doesn't it won't be very hard to make it. The blade is extra thick (3.2mm) to be able to withstand all kinds of pressure and its made of stainless steel, which keeps an edge longer and doesn't need as much knife care. Нож имеет очень крупную рукоятку с мягким эргономичным захватом и клинок толщиной 3,2мм из углеродистой стали, которая может выдержать высокие нагрузки. The accompanying table gives approximate measurements between the Mora 510 and the Mora Heavy Duty Companion. Thanks for the review. At that price, whatever qualms I have about the handle gaps really don’t matter. This is seen in the thicker blade and the larger handle. Mora Bushcraft Black vs Mora Companion Heavy Duty • Bushcraft Knives . … Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Fortunately, I was able to sharpen these little notches out without too much trouble. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Thickness: 0.1 in. It’s the best budget beater on the market, without question. If you want it in case you might be batoning bigger wood, get the Bushcraft. The Companion uses Morakniv’s simple, old plastic affair that holds the knife in with tension between it and the rubber grip. This is seen in the thicker blade and the larger handle. The quintessential bushcraft tool. As for ergonomics, I have medium-sized hands.