... get bored with my hair VERY easily. Your hair should be soft and smooth to the touch. How many knots you end up with is totally up to you, but if it’s more than two knots, that technically qualifies as a bantu knot hairstyle. There are plenty of options that tell you if you must place your bantu knots while your hair is … Normally that means they’re worn late at night, covered with a scarf, and hidden from everyone except me. It will last you another few days if you take care of the curls properly. Erykah Badu. Check out those poppin’ curls! Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks. So, you know what that means, right? Amazing ways on how to bring Brazilian hair back to life and love it. This will last you another few days if you preserve the curls properly. How to make Bantu Knots. Participate in product testing surveys discussions etc. Up until recently I never even thought of wearing my bantu knots out… The beauty of this style is that it works on all hair types, whether you are natural, relaxed or transitioning, this is a style you can make your own. Since it totally changes the look and curl of your hair, it’s perfect to do on day 3 hair to change up your look mid-week. Wet relaxed hair will take longer to dry. Style Tutorial. I often wear bantu knots as a hairstyle leading up to an even better and curlier fro. You’ll be all set. To do so, release each knot carefully and separate them with your fingers to keep the curls they’ve created in place. Next, make small coils of hair at your scalp from each section before twisting the rest of your hair around the coil. Braided Triangular Bantu Knots. Ok we kid (a little bit) but unraveling a wet bantu knot out is a recipe for an unsuccessful bantu knot out… Tall Bantu knots make a grand impression with a floral finish of braids. Source. If your coils are tight enough, tuck the ends of your hair … Enjoy, and share your Bantu knot tips and tricks with us in the comments! One of my favorite things about bantu knots, hands down, is the fact that the maintenance and upkeep of them tends to be easier than a lot of other hairstyles. I haven't had a successful knot out yet- when I go to blend my part lines all my definition has gone out of the window. Oil sheen is dope because you can get the shine that you want without having to put your hands all up in your head in the process. Any hair type or texture can do bantu knots – for some, it’ll create looser waves, and for others it will have a cute “curly q” effect with a head of tight, springy curls. That’s basically when you take your hair down so that you can rock out the ringlets that the knots created. I want to grow my hair out again but I'm trying to find a long-lasting transition style that requires little management and, of course, is inexpensive. Black, Blonde, and Baby Hair . When you think they're dry, wait like 10 more hours. Source: pinterest.com. A website called My Hair Care Couch has a feature article entitled, “Top 13 Best Hair for Box Braids” that can also be used for bantu knots as well. In Bantu knots hairstyles, you will find small knots positioned close to the scalp. Unlike the twist out, the knot out of a bantu twist has tips curled to perfection. This was my #1 mistake. Believe it or not, these are the results you get when using Bantu knots. They are simply knots that are created with your hair and/or the assistance of extensions to create knots all over your hair. 4. So last night I pulled out two 14 inch bundles of my Big […] Reply. If you have straightened, tangle-free, or if your hair stretches out, then the serum isn’t necessary. I Bet You Didn't Know This About Bantu Knots. Make sections in your hair using a rat tail comb. I may have to try it now that I've been doing the curly girl method, since my wash and go's last longer too. This usually happens if I make knots the same day that I wash my hair since I wash my hair at night and sometimes it isn't dry by the morning. See more ideas about Natural hair styles, Bantu knot out, Curly hair styles. Then, when you wake up, you can remove the extra pins and use a little hair mousse or edge control gel to lay down the fly-aways. Rihanna. Use extensions as needed. Refresh knots as needed too. When it comes to what a knot-out looks like (and how to maintain it), I can show you better than I can tell you. Here’s to a heavenly hair look, sis. You want your hair to be smooth when creating the knots – tangled, dry or rough hair will not achieve the look you desire. These are just a handful of Black celebrities who’ve proudly sported a headful of bantu knots. If you’re on the fence about getting bantu knots, this point right here may be all of the confirmation that you need to give bantu knots a try. Check out the following simple steps on how to make Bantu knots that are neat and will last long. How amazing is that? 4. Check out the videos here, here and here for tips on how to smoothly transition out of one gorgeous hairstyle to another with very little drama or even effort on your point. Keep some oil sheen on hand. Give your bantu knots plenty of time to dry, otherwise your hair will be frizzy and undefined. Free each knot cautiously and separate them with your fingers to keep the curls they’ve formed! • Always do bantu knots on DRY hair! My bantu knots usually come out frizzy when they haven't completely dried. Also, make sure to tie your hair up on a silk or satin scarf (or that you put on a silk or satin bonnet). If your hair is shorter you may need to use a bobby pin to hold your knots in place. Apply mousse to your hair to help the bantu knots to remain in place. You must also apply a detangler serum to help out with the comb. If you intend to take down your knots for a Bantu knot-out later, consider the texture you want to achieve: Some stylists prefer to t… While most people wrap their bantu knots by winding each revolution underneath the previous one, I find that, that technique makes the knots too tight. And you know what? With the help of some gel, pomade or setting lotion, you can smooth down your hair and then create two-strand twists or you can braid your hair and then put it back up into a knot. The one thing that all of them had in common is, no matter what their hair texture may be, they all looked absolutely fabulous in them! Keep some oil sheen on hand. Lauryn Hill. Yara Shahidi. Zulu is a tribe in Africa that loosely translates into “from the heavens”. Life is too short for boring hair, right? Try something totally new and turn your braids into medium-sized bantu knots! Step 5. I therefore, focus on wrapping only the last couple of revolutions underneath the previous ones to tuck away the ends and secure the bantu knot. Bantu Knot Out. This hairstyle is called the Bantu knot-out. Bantu knots and the resulting bantu knot out are my favorite hairstyle! Make sure you use coconut oil or a similar product to soften your locks beforehand. Two things that can help you to sleep more comfortably, all the while knowing that your knots will remain intact, is if you secure your knots a little more with the help of some bobby pins (or additional bobby pins); make sure the tiny balls on the bottom of the pins are secure. Source. Bantu knots have the longest drying time out of all the styles I do because the hair is so tightly wrapped together. The length of theses knots outs is medium. Secure them at night with bobby pins and a scarf. How to Make Your Bantu Knots Last. Whichever bantu knot-out option you choose, there are a few do’s and don’ts to remember to get your desired look while maintaining the health of your hair: DO’S • If you decide to do a bantu knot-out on freshly washed hair, you still need to allow your hair to dry for at least 40 minutes. On the other hand, the Bantu knots out are not like the knots hairstyles. Ciara. For instance, if you happen to notice that one of the knots is frizzy or messier than you would like, you can always take the knot down and redo it. Your Bantu knots will last you up to two weeks, and when you need to take them out, you can design a curled style! While I’ll be the first to say that it takes a lot of self-confidence—and a dash of boldness—to pull this particular style off, as you’re about to see in just a moment, there is something that’s truly beautiful—majestic even—about this hip-yet-always-classic hairstyle. Call it a bantu knot, a protective style, or a 90s look making a hardcore fashion comeback—it’s certainly making waves lately! Rinse and dry out your hair – But not too much. Jada Pinkett Smith. Braided Bantu Knots. Step4. Oil sheen is dope because you can get the shine that you want without having to put your hands all up in your head in the process. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics. Then, use a rattail comb to separate your hair into sections before twisting each section and applying a curl cream. Once your knots have been in for a week or so and either they’re looking old or you’re ready to do something new, how about turning your knots into a knot-out? My twist-outs behave very badly, and the last time I tried a bantu knot out they came out looking very struggle-ish. 3. But in both cases, you will get flawless beauty with a glamorous effect. The key is to make sure that the hair is quality. Start by parting your hair randomly around the head, taking an inch of hair on either side to comprise braids that will gradually drop down. SZA. Slowly put your hair in large bantu knots. Haven't done bantu knots is foreeeever plus I wanted to do an updated video ever since my last bantu knot video for the longest so I figured now would … 2,204 Likes, 101 Comments - Ndinda (@sheilandinda) on Instagram: “How do you guys refresh or maintain your twist or bantu knot outs to last you for more than just…” But when I redo them throughout the week, I use a spray bottle with conditioner and water and it doesn't come out frizzy. See how I create a defined, voluminous, beautiful bantu knot-out on my baby sister’s hair. I wish my bantu knot out curls looked like that! If you do decide to rock a head full of bantu knots, you are also wearing a hairstyle that is from the heavens. Creating precise parts is a crucial component of having great Bantu knots. If you want to make Bantu knots, start by washing your hair, applying conditioner, and brushing it to detangle. Check out my top 6 ways to rock a bantu knot out. Turn them into a bantu knot-out once they get old. Use the end of a rattail comb for best results and divide hair into small, medium, or large sections, depending on the length of your hair and the ultimate style you want.