A: Making it a one-person play was Lisa’s idea and always our goal. Q: What’s it like when you watch another actor do the show? Known for Dallas Buyers Club (2013), Garden State (2004) and The Proposal (2009), he is an actor. Photography by Martien Mulder. [14], Northwestern University School of Communication, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie, List of awards and nominations received by Denis O'Hare, "Hey There, Hi There, O'Hare! HUGO REDWOOD. Q: What made this huge work about massive battles involving fleets of ships seem well suited to a one-person play? As a teenager, he was in his school's choir and in 1974 he went to his first audition, gaining a chorus part in a community theater production of Show Boat. I’m growing a moustache for that part. In the one-man drama “An Iliad,” actor Denis O'Hare scales the poem’s heights to explore the complexities of war. Denis O'Hare About. A: I have no interest in seeing it, because I have my own very clear memories of the original production. The couple have an adopted son, Declan. Then I’m doing a new Josh Whedon series, “The Nevers,” for HBO, playing a Victorian scientist. They have one kid. They have one child. In 2008, he appeared as a guest star on several episodes of Brothers & Sisters. Before appearing in those shows, he appeared on Broadway in the 1998 revival of Cabaret, in which he played Ernst Ludwig onstage and the clarinet in the show's orchestra, the Kit Kat Band. When Declan was 17 months old, the couple began the process 0f adoption. Lisa’s not a political person so she wasn’t seeking a platform to promote her ideas. They have an adopted son named Declan. He is also known for his supporting roles in such films as Charlie Wilson's War, Milk, Changeling, and Dallas Buyers Club. Q: A revival of Richard Greenberg’s “Take Me Out” is set to open on Broadway this spring, with Jesse Tyler Ferguson (“Modern Family”) playing Mason Marzac, the role you originated. I first saw actor Denis O’Hare in his Tony Award winning role in “Take Me Out.” Denis O’Hare Biography. Tibrina Hobson / Getty O'Hare and Redwood decided to foster a 2-week-old infant named Declan, but the couple instantly knew they wanted to adopt the baby boy. Sept. 24, 2012, 11:34 AM UTC. He has been married to Hugo Redwood since July 28, 2011. AKA: Denis T Ohare, Denis P O Hare, D P Ohare, Denis O Hare, +1 more. O'Hare and Redwood tied the knot just days after same-sex marriage became legal in New York. Denis and Hugo also make sure Declan is surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents from both the Redwood and the O’Hare sides of the family as well as by many friends. Photography by Martien Mulder. As of July 28, 2011, he has been married to Hugo Redwood. He married longtime partner Hugo Redwood. Hugo and I just got married,” he Tweeted from New York City, just days […] I think my first reaction was, “Is that the one with the odyssey?” She said “no,” so I immediately did a crash course on “The Iliad.”. The message at the end is clear, and I found myself watching it again. Retrieved March 13, 2020. All rights reserved. Hugo Redwood (m. 2011) Children: 1: Website: denisohare.com: Denis Patrick Seamus O'Hare (born January 17, 1962) is an American actor. Looking ahead, the Redwood O’Hares are planning to begin renovations next year on a home with a backyard. Inside Actor Denis O’Hare’s Brooklyn Home Sept. 19, 2017 10:23 am ET ... His husband, interior designer Hugo Redwood, led a complete renovation before they decided to raise a family here. As an actor, I’m going to do an arc on “American Gods” on Starz. And we’re working on “The Song of Rome,” a one-woman show about the fall of Rome, commissioned by McCarter Theatre Center. In 2012, O'Hare starred alongside Amy Adams and Donna Murphy as the Baker in Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods at The Public Theater. Denis O'Hare was born on January 17, 1962 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA as Denis Patrick Seamus O'Hare. I first saw actor Denis O’Hare in his Tony Award winning role in “Take Me Out.” Denis O'Hare has been married to his husband, Hugo Redwood, since 2011. We were at war 15 years ago, and we’re still at war now. Denis O'Hare and husband Hugo Redwood pose at the opening night of "The Band's Visit" on Broadway at The Ethel Barrymore Theatre on November 9, 2017 in New York City. In fact, when his casting was announced, I tweeted him, “Congratulations. He returned to the show in 2013, playing Spalding in American Horror Story: Coven and once more as Stanley in American Horror Story: Freak Show, the latter for which he earned a second Primetime Emmy Award nomination. Q: Did you always intend to be the actor in the piece? They have one kid. Get premium, high resolution news photos at Getty Images Really, though, Lisa and I love the idea of anyone doing it – any age, creed, gender, or size. January 18 2012 1:38 PM EST. January 18 2012 1:38 PM EST. All Achilles has is his sense of glory. There’s a beautiful section where Hector walks in with his helmet still on and the baby starts crying. Hugo Redwood and Denis O'Hare have been married for 9 years. They were dating for 11 years after getting together in 2000 and were married on 28th Jul 2011. Q: When did you first become familiar with “The Iliad”? Get the latest from TODAY. They have a son named Declan. Denis O'Hare is a 58 year old American Actor. Alone Time With Out, Tony Award-Winning Actor Denis O'Hare", "A Talk With Denis O'Hare-- Take Me Out's Mason Marzac, a CurtainUp interview", "Denis O'Hare Drops Some Hints About True Blood Season 3", "True Blood Star Denis O'Hare, Husband Hugo Redwood Planning to Adopt! Not much is known about Hugo Redwood besides his love for his husband. [7], As a teenager, O'Hare was in his school's choir and in 1974 he went to his first audition, gaining a chorus part in a community theatre production of Show Boat. [13] He identifies as an atheist. He is known for his multiple roles on American Horror Story. True Blood actor Denis O'Hare has married boyfriend Hugo Redwood.. O'Hare revealed on Twitter that he and Redwood tied the knot at a New York City courthouse on Thursday. The star wrote: "Okay. A: It was probably 2003 or 2004 when Lisa Peterson called me about collaborating on this project. Holds an Irish passport. Denis O'Hare and his family. Hugo Redwood is known for his work on Yesterday's Not Tomorrow (2004) and Families Like Yours (2019). His feature film credits include The Anniversary Party,[10] 21 Grams, Garden State, Derailed, Michael Clayton, A Mighty Heart, Half Nelson, Milk, Edge of Darkness, Charlie Wilson's War and Changeling. GoldDerby / Gold Derby 5,958 views Among the honorees at the event, the theme of which was “Sharing the Stories of Our Families,” were Tony Award-winning actor Denis O’Hare and his husband Hugo Redwood, The Montgomery Family, whose blog on The Huffington Post about accepting their gay son went viral, and HuffPost Gay Voices Executive Editor Noah Michelson, among others. Actor who played the role of Larry Harvey on the FX series American Horror Story, starring alongside Jessica Lange. It happened. We also beefed up the fact that Hector has a wife and child. Denis O'Hare and Hugo Redwood Ryan Murphy and David Miller Lee Daniels Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka Clay Aiken Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Category News & Politics They have one child. O'Hare is gay and has been married to designer Hugo Redwood since July 28, 2011. He performed in a stage production of the musical Show Boat. In 2004, he played Charles J. Guiteau in the Broadway production of Stephen Sondheim's Assassins, for which he was nominated for the Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical Tony Award. Actor Denis O’Hare and his designer husband Hugo Redwood just listed their fabulous Fort Greene apartment for just shy of $1.6M. We needed a poetic translation and his is easy to understand and feels like verse, so it was the one for us. Our narrator, the Poet, enters a room – it could be any room – and just starts talking. He has been married to Denis O'Hare since July 28, 2011. Hugo Redwood ( m. 2011) Children. Denis O'Hare and Hugo Redwood. He is also known for his supporting roles in the films Charlie Wilson's War, Milk, and Changeling and Dallas Buyers Club, playing doctors in both. His husband I know better from TV and Broadway. A: Lisa and I have written “The Good Book,” a play about the Bible. “He’s very aware of all kinds of family,” said Denis. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Denis O'Hare and boyfriend Hugo Redwood pose at Opening Night After Party for "Elling" on Broadway at The Soho House on November 21, 2010 at the Soho House in New York City. Sign up for our newsletter. O'Hare won a Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play for his performance in Richard Greenberg's Take Me Out, where his character's lengthy monologues in which he slowly falls in love with the game of baseball were considered the main reason for his award. A: Our guiding principle was to stay with a very strict core, primarily on Achilles and Hector. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Denis O'Hare and boyfriend Hugo Redwood pose at Opening Night After Party for "Elling" on Broadway at The Soho House on November 21, 2010 at the Soho House in New York City. Other Informations. O'Hare was featured in the Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation of Saint Maybe. Like many other gay couples on this list, the pair adopted a son named Declan. Denis O'Hare ('American Horror Story: Hotel') chats about Emmys, Lady Gaga & Kathy Bates - Duration: 17:16. By condensing the poem, we were able to amplify a scene with Agamemnon to show the audience that Achilles is not acting out of pettiness. Looking ahead, the Redwood O’Hares are planning to begin renovations next year on a home with a backyard.