For the topping: In the same bowl, add the crumble topping ingredients and mix with fingers or a pastry cutter until crumbly. Anyway... it's winter here now so it's perfect apple pie season. Season cautiously. Apple Hill Fresh-Picked Apples Mixed with Cinnamon, Sugar, & Covered in a Crumble Topping. I love how nature changes. And so, while many of my fellow 12 bloggers were channeling their inner Barbecue Pit Master, I was dreaming up the pie that I would chow down on after stuffing myself with picnic foods. This Deep Dish Apple Pie with Crumb Topping is the perfect fall dessert. Yes, we are going to use cinnamon to flavor our pie, but we are also going to use some ground ginger, which gives the pie a nice little “oomph” but is still mellow enough to let the flavor of the apples shine through, which is precisely our end goal: Apple pie with a hint of cinnamon and spice. Apple Pie Filling adapted from allrecipes Ingredients 1/2 cup unsalted butter 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/2 cup white … You can make 2 regular 9-inch pies with this amount of filling if you need to serve 16 people. I love this recipe, because it has all the flavors of fall. I didn't have any apple cider vinegar so used white vinegar instead. Bake pie in the preheated oven until crust and topping are golden brown and filling begins to bubble, about 1 hour. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sliced apples; toss to coat with the juice. You can substitute 1/4 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground allspice, and ground anise for the mulling spices. Happy Pi(e) Day! I haven't made many apple pies, so I really appreciate your tips (especially the cinnamon one). Yummy! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Use 2-3 types of apples. Sprinkle with the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, ground cinnamon and apple pie spice. Pudding jelly beans caramels candy canes bear claw cupcake icing sweet. I can't resist that sweet crumbly topping on fruit crisps, that's why I decided to make this Deep Dish Apple Crumble Pie. You saved Deep-Dish Apple Pie with Crumble Topping to your. For some reason I've never used a mixed variety of apples in my pies. Perfect for using delicious fall apples or serving up at the Thanksgiving dessert table. The result...loved the insides of apples and crumbles left the crust on the plate. Set aside. Peel, core, and slice apples 1/8 inch thick, transferring them to … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Grilled Pineapple & Watermelon Fruit Kabobs, 4 pounds assorted apples (approximately 8 apples). Add butter and cut in until crumbly. This Deep Dish Apple Cranberry Pie with Oatmeal Pecan Crumb Topping is a great fall pie recipe and makes an excellent addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table! Peel, core, and slice the apples. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until crust and crumb topping are golden and the juices are bubbly. If you are going to use mulling spices you need to grind them, for spices are kept whole. Combine apples, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, mulling spices, and pinch of salt in a large bowl; mix well to combine. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Use your fingers to mix the butter, flour, brown sugar, and salt until it is a mass that holds together then crumbles when you squeeze it. Pack topping over and around apples. […] Deep-Dish Crumb-Topped Apple Pie: With apple season in full swing, now is the perfect time to make this deep-dish version of America’s favorite pie. Cook Time 45 mins. To make the walnut crumb topping, mix the flour, brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. How to Make Deep Dish Apple Pie. Drizzle in the melted butter; combined with a fork until crumbs form. This can mean only one thing: the 4th of July is right around the corner. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Deep-dish apple pie. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick. Combine 2/3 cup oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon in processor. Remember, cold pie dough is key to pie making. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Back to Deep-Dish Apple Pie with Crumble Topping. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. This easy to make and 100% healthy dessert is made of 100% real food ingredients. Cold, wet, grey and dismal. DUTCH APPLE. Make sure to check out what my 11 fellow bloggers made this month: Just made your delicious deep dish apple pie looks so good. Place in a large bowl with the flour, sugar, lemon juice, and spices. These are all relatively crisp apples, so they hold up well through baking, but they all have different flavor profiles that lend a more complex flavor to the finished pie. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Classic deep-dish apple pie flavored with cinnamon, ginger, and a pinch of allspice and topped with brown sugar crumbs. Use a small paring knife to trim excess dough off the edges. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. It was fairly easy to follow. I made this pie as it combined two of my favorite things. We aren’t making cinnamon pie, we’re making apple pie. Bake at 400 for 35-45 minutes, or until the pie is warm and bubbly and the top is golden brown. Place the sliced apples into a medium-size mixing bowl. <–There we go. 1.) In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, and salt for the crumb topping. Roll out the bottom pie dough. This is a seriously gorgeous apple pie. I got this recipe from lots of different sources. Make the filling. Stir all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl. Cream 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer.