Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. In a food processor, pulse chocolate, cocoa powder and baking soda until texture of coarse sand. Add flour mixture alternating with cooled … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt and cocoa. (15) 1 hour 5 min. Followed recipe exactly. I cut the cocoa down to 2 tsps used brown sugar and added vanilla. Oven, cake tins etc. Dark Chocolate Date Cake with PecansPacked with dates, cocoa powder, and ginger, this is one flavorful cake that’s sure to impress. Great for a party and if you feel adventurous you can make it in a bundt pan and just reverse the order of the layer! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Add the date mixture and the chocolate mixture into the almond meal bowl and stir to mix. Moist-flavorful-light-but still sweet! Bake for 50-65 minutes until the cake is firm but not dry. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 1 - 1 hour 10 mins or until skewer comes out clean. This is an amazing cake. What You Need. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool down for about 20 minutes before removing it from the cake tin. I use brown sugar in stead of white. Oven at 170C fan (so 190C regular) 1x 20cm square cake tin lined with baking parchment (or whatever tin you have – this is just what we used) Method. I also add 2 Tbls. Chocolate Date Cake. Thanks. Transfer the softened dates to a food processor and puree until smooth. Pour boiling water over dates; cool. This recipe makes 2 adorable mini chocolate cakes and would be great for a date night at home.. Super moist, sweet, and full of chocolate flavor, this Chocolate Chip Date Cake is a dream come true for chocoholics. Cake was certainly moist and a variation on standard chocolate cake but it didn't quite pack the flavour in for the calories it most likely has. For special occasions I serve with a caramel sauce. The crunchy topping of walnuts and chocolate is the perfect complement. We tried some of the burned bits and they were just like cookies, and the inside baked perfectly, so it was no inconvenience to us! Table of Contents show When a title has chocolate, date, and cake in it, it wins my heart immediately, like, five minutes ago. This chocolate zucchini date cake is lightly sweet and full of rich chocolate flavor. Watch carefully after 40 minutes so it doesn't burn. I did make most of the changes suggested by others. Used milk chocolate chips instead of bittersweet (because that was all I had) which made it a bit sweeter than regular. When my Grammy was married in the early 1950s, her oldest sister sent her a bunch of family recipes to add to her recipe box. Even with those sugar cuts I’m quite surprised at how sweet it turned out! Set aside. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Moist Chocolate Date Cake Dense, yet very moist and almost molten-like, the sweetness of this chocolatey, buttery and none-too-sweet simple loaf cake comes from puréed dried dates and cherries … oh, and a really nice bar of good quality high-cocoa dark chocolate. Bet you can't guess the secret ingredient in this yummy mayonnaise cake. Pulse pitted dates, then eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. 1 9x13 pan was too big! I think next time though I will add more nuts to it. Delicious! Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan. This cake is yummy. Makes 12 servings. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. The kids don't care for it but that's OK that much more for me! Spoon mixture evenly into prepared tin, smooth top and bake on the centre shelf of the oven at 180C (170C fan forced) for 50 minutes. 16 servings. This is an old recipe and the first recipe I ever wrote down. We never varied the recipe but the other suggestions of adding cinnamon or rum would be excellent! Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Next melt the chocolate over a double boiler. It actually gets better over time. My family loves it. Tasted good both warm and room temp. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch cake pan. Transfer the batter into a 8×8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish. A chocolate-enhanced sticky toffee glaze makes the cake even more enticing. Cook and stir for 10 minutes until the dates are very soft. Not overly sweet but enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. The cake batter is based on my chocolate buttermilk cake recipe, but has a few modifications that allow you to make it by hand!. I love this cake!! Grease and line the base and sides of a 24cm springform pan. Allow to cool before serving. Also this cake is much better the next day. Amount is based on available nutrient data. this is a snack cake and not a fancy cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. In a small bowl, combine dates with boiling water. Sift combined flour twice and fold into mixture with date mixture. Set aside to cool. of dark rum to the liquid and dates but allow the cake to sit a couple of days to ripen. I think it must be watched closely after 40 minutes. You saved Chocolate Date Cake II to your. I view it as a somewhat healthy dessert because of the dates but deep down I know better. She would always add way more chocolate chips! You can try using less sugar, since the dates are quite sweet. and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I took it out at 55 mins, but I probably could’ve taken it out a smidge earlier because the top was slightly burned. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The sugar caramelizes and makes a kind of crust along with the melted chocolate. Combine the ½ cup sugar with the walnuts and chocolate morsels; sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake. Make Ahead: The cooled cake … Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. 45 Min(s) Cook. Your family will love it! Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done. This date-studded dessert derives its intoxicating flavor from chunks of dark chocolate and a jigger of brandy. Amazing flavor and just a little different from the usual. One of my family's favorites. I always pour the boiling water over dates and baking soda and let it sit for 1/2 hour as I get everything else together. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the date mixture. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Turn batter into prepared pan. Bake the cake for two hours and 15 minutes to two hours and 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. It was sweet but I like sweet things. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then mix in the flour mixture. MORE+ LESS-By Betty Crocker Kitchens. I have never added nuts. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I always have used a 9x9 to keep this from drying out. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I only altered it slightly by using only 3/4 cups sugar in the cake and no sugar on top. Sprinkle mixture over top of cake. Updated October 8, 2010 Ingredients. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I used a little less than half of the sugar and added about a tbsp of maple syrup, and I only added the half cup of chocolate chips to the batter and didn’t put any on top. I love this cake - the only adjustment my family makes is the topping which is 1/4 c flour 1/4 sugar 1 tbs cinnamon and 2 tbs butter softened - mis till crumbly then put on top of cake then add chips and walnuts! Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour, or until the cake starts to shrink away from the sides of the pan. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add eggs. Add in the dates with the soaking liquid, and stir until just combined. The star of the cake is undoubtedly the chocolate chip, sugar, and walnut crumble on top. Best the day it's made. I think I was 15. I add almond extract and almonds in place if the walnuts. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Sprinkle Chocolate-Date Mayonnaise Cake . Place in the oven and bake for about 35mins. Select All. A moist chocolate cake, made with chopped dates. Cake did not cook evenly. I think it is unnecessary to separate and mix like you do for most cakes. Pour batter into prepared pan. My mothers' recipe. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Add the chopped walnuts and dates in this give it a … Mix 1 cup sugar, oil, eggs, cocoa, dates with water, baking soda, salt and vanilla together and blend well. My family has been making this cake for about 50 years with rave reviews! I love that you bake the chocolate chips, yet they retain their shape. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Crunchy pecans that toast during the baking process along with barely melted chocolate chips make this cake extra delish! I love this recipe it reminds me of my mom as she use to make this when my sister and I were growing up. Scoop out the puree into a mixing bowl. Leave the dates in the boiling water for about 20 minutes or until they are soft and whizz them up … Here's delicious date cake sprinkled with chocolate chip topping – a cool dessert treat! Add eggs gradually, beating well between each addition. I'm lazy so I always buy the dates already chopped up. Yummy!!! Grease a small cake tin, about 20cm diameter, and add the cake batter. Stand cake for 10 mins in tin then turn onto cooling rack. The dates make this cake super-moist, almost pudding-like. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Dust lightly with powdered sugar or serve with a giant scoop of ice cream. Place dates, rum, coffee, vanilla and ½ cup water into a … I can’t imagine what it would taste like with the full amount of sugar! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Serve with ice cream, if desired. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Protein-rich ricotta cheese, a mix of gluten-free flours, and chunks of toasted pecans give it a nice dense texture that lies somewhere between a normal cake and a chocolate torte. Sift together the cocoa powder and flour and add to the date mixture. Be careful not to overbake as it will come out a bit dry. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over top. Congrats! Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. He liked it but said the chocolate overpowered the dates and he couldn't taste them which he thought was a waste of dates. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Add dates and boiling water to food processor or high speed blender and blitz into a paste (see … Pour the batter into a greased baking pan (13x9 inches). Would I bake this again? If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I'll definitely try the muffin version since most of the time it's just two of us and I can freeze the rest. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. The dates make this cake so incredibly moist and it even gets better the second day. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Fold in chopped nuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to mixture. Add the sugar and vanilla, puree again until well-blended. Spread batter into prepared pan. Beat in the eggs … Add flour mixture alternating with cooled date mixture. Stir in the flour until well blended. Leave to cool in … Slice and enjoy drizzled with Spiced Custard. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Take-Along Chocolate Chip-Date Cake Recipe - BettyCrocker.com Congrats! I sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and then white sugar. Easy and good;-). Topped it off with a buttercream frosting. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture (it will be thick) and transfer it into the prepared pan. I wanted this recipe to be easy peasy, so that you can easily whip it up whenever you want to make something special for dessert. 0 Review(s) 1 Hr(s) 5 Min(s) 20 Min(s) Prep. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add dates, hot coffee and coconut sugar into a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. It looks nice too without alot of work. 173 calories; protein 2.4g 5% DV; carbohydrates 24.8g 8% DV; fat 8.1g 12% DV; cholesterol 25.7mg 9% DV; sodium 111.2mg 4% DV. Her mother got this recipe from her mother, so it dates back to the late 1800s at least. I cooked at 350 for 40 minutes and it came out perfect. Instructions. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Plus it’s a great use for all that overflowing garden zucchini. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Top evenly with chocolate pieces and nuts. 13 reviews. In an another bowl, combine the chocolate chips, walnuts, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. You’ll … My husband always made one to take to work for office parties and told everyone the recipe was a family secret. I overfilled my tin and it took quite a while to bake and the edges came out dry which made it hard to slice nicely. Try it reheated and topped with icecream for a real treat. This is a great recipe but I have made some changes. By the way my recipe was written over 50 years ago from a friends mom. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Info. Add eggs. It's not terribly pretty on the plate but you can cover up a lot of imperfections with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream. this cake has great textures and with the dates and nuts is fairly good for you too. This was delicious! You saved Chocolate Date Cake I to your. I added extra cocoa because I wanted a stronger chocolate flavor but I think it would have been good without it too. It was just perfect though! Good textue but def need more chocolate! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). I also baked it in a convection oven in a bread pan. I really enjoyed. This old-fashioned pecan date cake was her favorite one. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean. This is a wonderful cake. Definitely a keeper! Info. I loved hearing how excited Grammy was when her mom made this cake! Chocolate Chip Date Cake is so yummy and moist and has just the right amount of chocolatey goodness! Combine all the dry ingredients and sieve them. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. It is intensely chocolate. Fantastic! Allow to cool before serving. Put the dates and water in a pot over medium-low heat. My husband loves date loaf and chocolate so I thought I'd combine the two for him. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Ingredients 1 cup water 1 cup chopped dates 1 cup sugar 1 cup shortening 2 large eggs, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking cocoa 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Prepare cake mix according to package directions except substitute date mixture for the liquid. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This is a moist cake that is easy to make especially if you buy the packaged chopped dates. 439 calories; protein 5.2g 10% DV; carbohydrates 64.7g 21% DV; fat 20.1g 31% DV; cholesterol 61.5mg 21% DV; sodium 394.6mg 16% DV. The topping is crunchy the middle is smooth and the bottom for mine was slightly chewy. Wouldn't recommend for a special occassion but good for lunchbox treat. Always a crowd pleaser! Using a spatula, gently fold date, hazelnut and chocolate mixture into the egg whites until well combined. Great for snacking--or you can frost it, for a special occasion cake. You can … This cake is made for a smaller cake pan. In a mixing bowl or small saucepan, pour the boiling water over the chopped dates. Set aside. Yes probably. Bake up an incredibly moist and delicious Chocolate-Date Mayonnaise Cake. … Too much sugar for the topping otherwise it tasted good. I made this cake recipe into muffins and they were great - moist and tasty. The dates make this cake so incredibly moist and it even gets better the second day.